Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Unfinished

Here's a list of things I've left unfinished over the years. Half-read books, half-finished video games, movies, etc., half-learned sports and skills---half-hearted efforts that are not even worthy to mention, save for today.


Half-Read Books

1. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (J.R.R Tolkien)
2. The Island of the Day Before (Umberto Eco)
3. The Contender (Robert Lipsyte)
4. Foucalt's Pendulum (Eco)
5. The Taming of The Shrew (William Shakespeare)
6. Heaven and Hell (Aldous Huxley)
7. Walden (Henry David Thoreau)
8. Leaves of Grass (Walt Whitman)
9. The Sorrows of Young Werther (Goethe)
10. How To Be Good (Nick Hornby)
11. The Alchemist (Paolo Coehlo)
12. The Bible (though I vow to read it from Genesis to Revelation)
13. Automechanics For Dummies
14. Harry Potter, 1st book (J.K Rowling)
15. Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)

Half-Finished Video Games & Movies

1. Fable...stopped playing it right before the final battle; I dread the moment when I would have to kill my "sister" to get the Sword of Aeons :)
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...couldn't get past the part where I had to chase the goons on motorbike
3. Grand Theft Auto 3...dropped it when GTA: Vice City came out
4. War Craft...cheated my way through the first few chapters and consequently grew tired of the game
5. Sims: Bustin' Out...bust
6. The Sopranos Season 1 DVD...foul language, violence
7. Capitalism 2
8. Constantine...got weary of the game's theme
9. Project Gotham Racing 2 ...AI opponents were relentless so I gave up
10. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004...could never beat Tiger's record
11. 24, Season 1 DVD

Half-Learned Sports and Skills

1. Golf...I knew I'd never be good at it unless I devoted time and money---all or nothing---I chose nothing.
2. Tennis...would give it another shot if given the chance
3. Piano...never had the patience to learn to read notes
4. Bass Guitar...same as above
5. Guitar...since I never learned to read notes, I rely mostly on chords so I consider myself to be a novice
6. Watercolor painting...lacked patience and basic skill set required

...Of course this is just half of the real story.

2 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Talang Pula said...

my dear, NO ONE finishes focault's pendulum and Lives. don't.

ola! =)

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

You have many resolutions to complete. Good Luck. Love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home