Monday, January 02, 2006

One-track Mind

The Orlando Magic take to the road and will be playing the Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills tomorrow. The game will be on telecast (Solar sports) at 8:30 am. It will be Grant Hill's first, much-anticipated (by me), appearance on local cable tv since coming back from hernia surgery. I belong to the ambiguously-dated (as there were a gazillion MJ comebacks to speak of), pre-post-jordan generation of NBA fans and Hill is one player I ardently admire.



It occurred to me that I haven't played basketball for over a month now. Our Sunday night hoops club is on hiatus. It explaines how i've been lethargic and uninspired lately. Something is missing. The curious thing is, unconsciously, I may have been avoiding the game on purpose for entirely superificial reasons. I've been told, many times, that I would find it difficult to attract a prospective husband because basketball is all I do and think about. These people of "well-intentions" are relatives, neighbors, the ones who often see me as a regular on the local court, and my former boss. Am I starting to let it get to me? Egad!. Could I be that foolish? May the heavens intervene!


Who would you give up to get Ron Artest---a premiere NBA defender, adequate perimeter shooter, and ideal sidekick to the superstars (as long as he keeps his sanity in-check)? Wally Szczerbiak? Grant Hill? Corey Maggette? Quentin Richardson? Peja Stojakovic? Either one of these mentioned surely will turn the Pacers into a serious contender. As it is, Artest's absence has improved the Pacers' chemistry on the court but not the team's chances in the Eastern Conference.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Talang Pula said...

haha. you'd'a thought it was cool to want to have a life partner you can play ball with. of course, the fun evaporates when the woman can whoop the guy's ass. why don't you let them win just once, LK? =)

personally, i don't like Hill for Indiana. he don't brawl.

i guess, i'm of a onetrack myself, hay.


don't let anyone get to you. you are what/ who you are. can't change that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home