Thursday, September 22, 2005

No Excuses

That's what I always tell myself when things go wrong on my end. Instead of putting the blame on someone or something, I cut to the chase and admit, to myself, that it's my fault. Of course, I'm not always to blame. I mean, if a 10-ton truck spilled over on the superhighway, causing a massive traffic jam, resulting in my missing an "important" meeting, then I didn't have a hand on that. But because it happened on "my" superhighway, the one that I traverse to work every single day, the mishap is on me. I cut all the crap about being a victim of fate or circumstance. It's never, "why me?", and always, "why not me?".

That's why when I made the slight, hopefully forgettable, mistake of addressing a vice president of this company in what some might regard as a disrespectful manner, I make no excuses for not knowing who she was. She was commenting on a presentation that our group just made and I had to defend and explain certain points. If I came on a bit strong, man, so did she, so I see no reason why it should be deemed a big deal if I responded with the same "intensity". She was out of line and making comments for the sake of it. I did what I had to do. I don't see it as disrespectful at all. But if I get reprimanded for it, so be it.

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Talang Pula said...

your veepe's full of it. what's with the i'mthevicepresident crap? ooohhhh. i shoudl get scared 'cause she's the veepee. that's a lot of bullshit. she criticizes a work, you respond- a response is not disrespect. attagoGirl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home