Friday, September 16, 2005

Work Whores

When your superiors refer to you as a real workhorse what they really mean is that you're a work whore, available to them 24 hours a day, at their beck and call.

I didn't know how or when I'd become such a work whore. This past week (and the coming days) are so frantic that I haven't had time to check my e-mails or complain in my blog about how the work is driving me mad. I've taken my work at home, in my sanctuary. What used to be time better spent jogging or playing with my Xbox has been diverted to work. What travesty! My precious lunch hour has also been turned into lunch meetings. I'm used to using that time leisurely, sometimes even to take a stroll, but now I don't even have time to brush my teeth after meals. I would think, "that's the last straw", but no I seem to have accumulated a bunch of new straws to draw upon.

I better go. I have some whore-ing to do.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger FantasyFootballHelpers.com said...

Katrina's other impacts
Foreign aid for Katrina flies into Ark. base WP: For evacuees, next step uncertain Hurricane Katrina Section Front WP: Many evacuees won't return Bush: New Orleans to 'rise again' A woman chancellor for ...
I really enjoyed this blog - nice work!

I have a fantasy football rankings site that offers blogs and all kinds of cool features. Its all about fantasy football rankings related info.

Give her a look!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Talang Pula said...

haha. yeah, the Comments. i think they look for keywords.

ewan ko. i'm ambivalent about them. makes it feel less lonely. kahit puro ads ang lumalabas. sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home